Saturday, December 09, 2006

 
A poem about meditation from Gurusurya Kaur, Grade 11:

Commitment

My breath slows
The pain intensifies
I can feel the sweat tickle my leg
as it drips from the crease on the back of my knees
my left ankle
numb
my arm
Twitching, almost feels detached from my body.
I keep telling myself don’t think about it
keep up
you made a commitment to make it to the end
until the timer goes off
inhale
every bit of your body tenses
Then you release you put your arms down
and the past eleven minutes makes sense
The whole time you were questioning
What am I doing?
Why am I doing this?
it now makes sense
you do it because you made a commitment in the beginning
that you would not give up.
Your body is filled with a feeling of freeness
you feel light
aware
like you are almost floating
you could sit there for hours.
your mind is thinking everything
and nothing, at the same time.

My life is a hard meditation
you keep your arms up your whole life
you don’t always know why
sometimes it’s harder than others
you always question why you’re doing it,
what it means to you
you just have to trust.
I trust
That since I have made that commitment in the beginning
I will not give up
when I finally inhale at the end of my life
I will know why I did it
It will all make sense
I trust that holding my self up
even when it is the hardest ever
will bring a feeling of true liberation.

Comments:
WHooooo Yea that shit was awesome TIGHT!!!! WHOOOO YEAAA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?