Thursday, February 08, 2007

 
In response to an assignment to write a performance style poem addressed to a person, place or object, Hari Simran Singh, Grade 12, wrote this:

Time Means Nothing To Mum-Raaa!!

You tick and you tock
But I never know what you’re talking about
It’s ticking me off.
You act like you’ve got
Some really great reason
For telling me
To get to formation.
Get out of my face
You mindless, gear-driven automation!
Analog or digital I’m absolutely sick of you.
Everyone always says O clock this and O clock that
But I do not praise you.
I know the games you play.
You think this is “red-light-green-light”
Running fast
Whenever I turn my back.
Ignorance is my weapon
Against your fascist oppression.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?