Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 
A few months ago, the Grade 10 English teacher, Rajbir Kaur, asked the students to write about what superpowers they would want to have. Here is one response from Sat Nam Kaur:
My Superpower

I already have my superpowers. No need to make it up. Have you ever wondered how superheroes feel about their superpowers? I think it is just as normal to them as ours are to us. Superpowers are usually used to save people, help others and make them feel better.

I have the power of a smile that I can give to people. If I give my smile and my hug to someone that is feeling sad and rejected, I might save them from a few hours of crying and feeling alone and hated. And if I really want to help them and keep them from falling into negativity, I use my power of listening, and making them feel understood. Then I use my power of words to help them figure out a way to solve their problems. And then I use the biggest superpower of all, a good laugh. That bans the evil darkness of depression for a little while and lets that person enjoy life for a little bit. And you might even have a little fun on your own while you’re at it.

And that is only a small example of what our superpowers can do. Most people look for superpowers on the outside, wishing to have them, not seeing that they already do. People dream of flying, well, people fly. They dream of being able to read someone else’s thoughts, well, people do. You just have to realize and see what you have, grab it, and use it. Build up on it. Activate it.

What I want to work on and bring into my life right now is healing by the touch of hand. Using my energy to help someone discover some more of themself, some more of their superpowers by helping them work through their blocks.

There is also the power of love and friendship. When you love, you can do things and know things that you usually wouldn’t, which is actually because of your intuition. If something terrible happens to a child that is very much loved by its mother, the mother will know exactly that moment, that something is wrong. Intuition is also what tells you to stop for no reason at all, and then a fast car comes by that would have hit you if you wouldn’t have stopped.

Every one has these superpowers and many more, that’s probably why nobody recognizes them as superpowers. But I think we should, because we can be pretty powerful. And life is a lot more fun if you see it like that. Go ahead and try!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?